Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anti-Theft Wiring Bypass

brightsparks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
Hi, I have a VP V6 that has a part of the anti-theft wiring missing, the connector plug which hangs beside the ALDL plug is vacant and there is definitely nothing there to plug into it. I think this is the cause that is stopping the motor cranking over and stopping the fuel pump from working. There is power at all the relays but nothing is happening when I turn the key. Is it possible to bypass that wiring to get everything? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Mark

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
I dont know what the fault is on your car, but on my VP I can still turn the motor over whilst its immobilised. Just doesn't fire thats all. This info might help you look in another direction. Ie, flat battery haha

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Im pretty sure too that it will let you crank, just wont fire up. I think you have other issues. Can you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key on.

peter65

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exec
yep with the immobiliser "on" or active, the motor will crank but not fire (sometimes if i have forgotten to disable the immobiliser the engine might will fire once but then stall straight away).

The immobiliser switch (in the passengers side door cavity) is key-operated with 2 pairs of normally-open contacts. To bypass it, you bridge the 2 pairs of contacts in the loom with 2 insulated wire links.

From memory, you bridge the orange and orange/black wires in the loom with one wire link, and the other pair of wires in the loom with another link. I have never done it but have had a look at the book to see the theory.

If you need the details, PM me and i will look in the book.

The clue to see if the immobiliser is deactivaed (ie will allow the engine to start) is that the orange light on the dash with a little picture of the engine will come on once the immobiliser is deactivated. cheers peter.

tainav6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden v6
Hey brother can you tell me what wires these are please

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
You're posting in the VN-VP section.
The post relates to the VP wiring so I doubt it'll help you much.