Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto resetting breaker

RenegadeRicochet

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais Tourer
Got some electrical gremlins in my ZB.
Long story short. I got some disability mods added to my ZB tourer.
Upon picking up my car, I had some error msgs. Park Assist, Left impact sensor and front Camera errors if i recall correctly.
Diagnosed by local Holden as module communication errors. And the Vehicle mod crowd found a blown fuse. Called my car fixed.

Few days later some really weird **** has started to happen.
If the interior lights turn on either by opening door or pressing the on button, the rear interior lights stay on after the fronts turn off.
No way of turning them off. They just stay on while driving, which if really annoying at night.
Work around is to turn the door open to off, so the lights stay off when you open the door.
Also a light in the passenger footwell seems to stay on.

Today, I found the USB ports in the back seat intermittently turn on and off, USB Tire pressure monitor plays a chime when it turns on.
And at the same time the Climate control fan turns off and on.
This one seems like an auto resetting circuit breaker by the way they both turn on and off at the same time.
Played up for about 30mins at the start of driving and then issue disappeared for the next two hours of driving.

Does the ZB Tourer V6 in particular have any auto resetting circuit breakers? Because I can only see fuses in the manual.
Being in a wheelchair i can't exactly climb in to look at all the fuse panels.

I know I have got one auto rest breaker for anderson plug next to my trailer plug. And the disability mods had another install, or so I was told.

Frustrated AF with my car right now.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Got some electrical gremlins in my ZB.
Long story short. I got some disability mods added to my ZB tourer.
Upon picking up my car, I had some error msgs. Park Assist, Left impact sensor and front Camera errors if i recall correctly.
Diagnosed by local Holden as module communication errors. And the Vehicle mod crowd found a blown fuse. Called my car fixed.

Few days later some really weird **** has started to happen.
If the interior lights turn on either by opening door or pressing the on button, the rear interior lights stay on after the fronts turn off.
No way of turning them off. They just stay on while driving, which if really annoying at night.
Work around is to turn the door open to off, so the lights stay off when you open the door.
Also a light in the passenger footwell seems to stay on.

Today, I found the USB ports in the back seat intermittently turn on and off, USB Tire pressure monitor plays a chime when it turns on.
And at the same time the Climate control fan turns off and on.
This one seems like an auto resetting circuit breaker by the way they both turn on and off at the same time.
Played up for about 30mins at the start of driving and then issue disappeared for the next two hours of driving.

Does the ZB Tourer V6 in particular have any auto resetting circuit breakers? Because I can only see fuses in the manual.
Being in a wheelchair i can't exactly climb in to look at all the fuse panels.

I know I have got one auto rest breaker for anderson plug next to my trailer plug. And the disability mods had another install, or so I was told.

Frustrated AF with my car right now.

vehicles dont really have circuit breakers they have fuses.
you can disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the computers in the vehicle.

your issue might be related to a bad earth and if you had disability mods installed they may have not put earths back properly.

considering this has all happened after you had these mods installed i would take it back to the installer and have them fix it at their cost, acl requires them to do so.
they need to go over their work and find out what they have done wrong because it is causing issues and it could make the vehicle unsafe if a critical safety component loses power like abs or an airbag etc.