Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Building a Stratco Shed

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is bound to help someone. Old mate here builds a Stratco shed with cryptic instructions. He shares how he did it all. Good walkthrough for anyone about to build their shed.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Mine was from Olympic Industries (one of the big players in SA)

They just delivered the steel and sheets when I was at work and that was it, no instuctions at all and no labels on each piece to say what went where. Was not pleased for the 10k purchase price.

My old man helped and even as a qualified builder we spent 5 days swearing and nearly giving up to get the thing together.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It shouldn’t happen should it.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Watching his experiences, you see where installers would cut corners. Like getting his walls square and the bits of trim finished nice. Taking the extra effort to get the trims with the bit of overhang. That wouldn’t get done as accurately as he did it. They’d just smash it together, looks done, get paid and go home.

I like that he got things right.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Watching his experiences, you see where installers would cut corners. Like getting his walls square and the bits of trim finished nice. Taking the extra effort to get the trims with the bit of overhang. That wouldn’t get done as accurately as he did it. They’d just smash it together, looks done, get paid and go home.

I like that he got things right.
Yeah, it takes a long time to get everything perfectly square, I reckon we spent 2 days on that.