Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V Sportwagon

FelwintersLie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Been a while, so here's a bit of an update. I haven't done anything cosmetically at all, but I have done some bits and pieces elsewhere.

Changed out the stock rear cans for some cheapy redbacks to get a bit more rumble.

Started removing the rats nest of aftermarket wiring, sat nav with touch overlay is gone, electric brake controller is gone. CD stacker got a small amount of positive persuasion, and now loads and ejects fine. Thank God, because the previous owner's two nickleback cds were close to giving me an aneurysm.

I swapped my high rise tow hitch for my mate's low one, bloody big mod in my opinion. Roof racks are permanently installed now as well.

Oh, and I finally got around to getting Martin at Willall Racing to work some dyno flavoured magic. I think the old tune physically pained him looking at it. Never even had the speed limiter or anti abuse turned off. Drives like a completely different car now, and doesn't spew a sheikhs inheritance worth of juice out the exhaust at idle anymore. Made 260 first up, he massaged it out to a lovely 285kw, extremely daily driveable tune.

Now I just need to heat cycle the front discs a few times to get some decent warpage happening so I can convince the missus I need a brembo upgrade.