Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam only swop L98

LsBeema

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bmw E36 L98
Hi,
I'm trying to get the max hp before I save up for the complete cam kit.
I have a 105 00 km L98 with long tube headers, dual 3 inch all the way, cold air pod 4 inch intake, and ready for a tune.
I was just wondering any thoughts on just doing a kelford cam only swop for now before the tune.
1. Would the other components be strong enough before the complete cam kit upgrade..?
2. Or I should just wait, get a tune for now, save up and in a year or so do the job right!!???

Appreciate the advise.
LsBeema

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
camshaft needs springs/pushrods to suit and maby even lifters if u dont have the LS7 style in the l98

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Hi,
I'm trying to get the max hp before I save up for the complete cam kit.
I have a 105 00 km L98 with long tube headers, dual 3 inch all the way, cold air pod 4 inch intake, and ready for a tune.
I was just wondering any thoughts on just doing a kelford cam only swop for now before the tune.
1. Would the other components be strong enough before the complete cam kit upgrade..?
2. Or I should just wait, get a tune for now, save up and in a year or so do the job right!!???

Appreciate the advise.
LsBeema
The 3" exhaust is too big. 2 1'2 would be better. Seeing as you already have it you might as well leave it on but you will lose power. There is a formula for exhaust size and you would want something a lot bigger than you have to warrant that size.

As for the tune just do it the once. If you do a tune now you will gain quite a bit of power over standard, something like around 50 rwkw. Retuning when you fit the cam and you haven't mentioned other than the brand what cam you will would be using. would mean paying twice. Don't go too big with the cam, dyno figures might look more impressive but it might be a pig of a thing to drive.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Do all bolt on mods & tune..should be content with jump in power if tune is good.

Down track if still want alot more out of it look at cam/heads which most people don't do due to costs

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Forget cam and put coin towards a PD. Way better results.