Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Car troubles

BrokenVtCommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT commodore 1999 3.8L
So basically I've got a 1999 vt Holden commodore, the issue I have is the car keeps stopping randomly, I've tried swapping relays checked fuses cleaned the dfi plate swapped the battery and still at a loss, I'm not getting any codes or check engine light, leave sitting off for few hours then it runs without anything being changed or done. after my testing and checks I did a 60km drive at all speeds and had no issues without fail, following day started the cat put her up on ramps, completed oil change as I was driving down the car once again died without even getting hot. Anyone have any ideas but I have a few lights pop up once the car dies but it's as if the ignition has been turned off, sometimes starts right back up but usually has to sit for a while

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Ill guess cas let it run till it stops does it give a cas error? What codes is there?

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
I had a similar issue with my VT.
My VT would randomly stop, and sometimes re-start immediately and other times it took several goes.
Eventually technician tracked it down to the ignition barrel, and replaced it matching it to my key.

HTH Nick