Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing workshop maintenance

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Old mate’s workshop is a thing of great envy. His workshop/shed or garage(?) is so well laid out.

Enjoyed watching this and it’s a story many of us understand. Doing all those little jobs that get put aside. @Immortality this one is for you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I love the idea of hard lines for air. My hoist installer does this in workshops. Shed like mine you probably have 6-8 fittings around the sides that you can hook into depending on where you are working. Hard lines are better than rubber lines that can leak. It is expensive though and something I will probably never do..

This thread has reminded me I need to rebook my hoist inspection. I had to cancel it last time as I had to head to SA. Now it will be overdue by the times its done.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Old mate’s workshop is a thing of great envy. His workshop/shed or garage(?) is so well laid out.

Enjoyed watching this and it’s a story many of us understand. Doing all those little jobs that get put aside. @Immortality this one is for you.

Can't watch!

Air leaks were the bane of my existence at work, spent years chasing em as my machine was very sensitive to leaks. We ran high pressure air for pneumatics as well as low pressure air and vacuum for product control. My compatriots never seemed to fathom the problem air leaks caused and the maintenance guys were never that interested so it was a job I ended doing most of the time.

Hell, I'll just say it, most of my compatriots were just ******* lazy when it came to doing maintenance, they didn't do it which meant when I was at work it had to deal with issues caused by others laziness.