Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] Emissions and quadrajet questions .

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
Hi Guys . Got a few questions about the quady and emissions crap on my 308 .

1. Do I need the EGR valve on the manifold for roadworthy or can i leave it blocked off ?

2. Do i need to have the TCS Solenoid to run the dizzy properly ?

3. The electrical solenoid on the side of the quady . whats it's purpose and do i need it ?

4. And do i have to keep the 2 vacuum trees on the front of the manifold ?

Any help would be great . Thanks :)

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
anything thats to do with emission control has to be on the car

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yep, everything that was on it needs to stay on it

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
1. egr is ESSENTIAL for rwc in VIC but highly irrelevant as we are using ulp with no cats anyway, so i have no idea why we have to stick to outdated emission...
2. wtf is a tcs solenoid? on a 308 you should have a large cap bosch hei dizzy and coil. thats it.
3 um, if its what i am thinking it is the choke, but it shouldnt be electric. its connected to the heat rise tube on the drivers side of your inlet manifold. im pretty sure you dont need it for rwc, but not 100% sure so better check. i dont have a choke on mine.
4. the two vac trees are for emissions so yeah. for rwc you will need them connected and working. i broke mine when installing a new manifold so i just screwed them in to stop the water coming out, and left it at that. they will have to plug the holes but are not necessary for your engine to work.

i can go into more detail on 4 if you like but it means going through the sehd to find my commodore manual.

posted in the vb-vk section, but just in case you read this one not that one...

edit* sorry, just figured out that tcs=tvs. you dont need it to run, but will need it for rwc. all of the rwc stuff depends on your guy, a lot of rwc guys dont give a toss about emissions on our old girls, just make sure the carbon can is in and connected and egr works properley and they turn a blind eye.