Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine swap

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can’t imagine what a smashed VS donor car would go for. Would be significantly more than a Ecotec powered VS.

The whole project is going to be expensive.
I could be wrong but I got the impression he had the donor already?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
People are wanting crazy $ for 304s and gearboxes.
On marketplace someone down on the central coast ( so around 50 to 60 mins away , maybe less from me) , has been up for a least a couple of months.
$2.5k = he hasn't even heard/seen it run.
Makes a point of saying it's an HSV engine.
He's only selling the engine =WTF dude = everything that made it a HSV you don't have and don't know whether it even runs !!!!

boingk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute, VR Wagon
Keep it a 3.8 auto and enjoy it. Get it super clean inside and out. Fit some extractors and a K&N air filter and call it a day. Enjoy it. Stay with stock springs and 15" tyres and it'll fly under the cop radar, too.

If you still want more get some performance diff gears - about a 3.45 would be good while still streetable. You'll really feel the difference, lots more pickup off the line and in gear.

In the meantime you can keep a V8 aside and learn to properly build it. It might take years but when you're done you'll really appreciate it, and be legal as well.

- boingk

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
For those who haven't been there Theodore is very much a one horse town. Blink and you will miss it. OP should somehow fix a bit of plywood to the inlet manifold and write v6 on it. Any cop sent to Theodore won't be there because he is all that bright so that should do the trick.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hey lads, swapping a 304 and t5 with all wiring and ecu into my 3.8 vs Ute, any tips and tricks to making this easier, any special tools etc

And does anyone make an ecotec engine cover to fit the 304, still a p player so trying not to be as noticeable
The sound of the 304 is going to give it all away... I don't think police are that stupid...