Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's VT Senator Signature 220i

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Cheers everyone, glad you all approve lol
Looks fantastic , love that color . Love the vt/vx senators but yeah recon the 220 vt is the choice . I need more money and space lol , your making me think of one even a 5.0l one , not that I can realistically do it . Are you going to keep it rego'd and use it occasionally or store it until it can be club rego'd
It's not currently reg'd but that suits me fine - that way it won't cost me anything to have it sitting here. It'll definitely be going on club reg when the time comes provided the scheme continues into the future (which is questionable the way some people are abusing the system currently).

that looks mint, id keep it stock, though i couldn't resist to tune it up, just that extra power tap there.
Well, a memcal/tune is an easily reversible mod, so definitely a possibility. If i go down that path I'll hit you up

Wow ! Nice pick up. How does it drive ?
Thanks! I haven't driven it yet, the old man was the one who got to drive it and apparently it goes quite well, stops nicely and is very quiet and smooth. Exactly what I was after.

Cruise control looks wrong..either routed wrongly or too short.

Buy that baby some new headlights & white repeaters then big detail + leather conditioner.

3.45 gears & memcal be sweet ass improvement..perfect for that axle tramping effect on these lol

Got a lot of car for the coin!!!!

Yeah I wouldn't mind some 3.45's for it! I got some leather conditioner onto the seats as soon as I got it home, it certainly makes a difference. I've already got some clear repeaters here, so they'll probably go on. You're right about the cruise cable, it should be much longer. Looks like that cables off a v6 or something

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Very nice mate I had my mind set on a vt gts with the stroker motor. I went to call the guy and it was sold so I ended up with the vz.

Still love these things though great buy man and I agree with the other guys on the 3.5s and tune up lol.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
EYY I just read about your Senator in Roadsport. I'm Earls brother Dave....small world hey.
Love the car by the way.

TanerG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
So I've just purchased a VT senator. To be truthful I wasn't even looking for one, but the opportunity arose and was too good to pass up.

Last weekend at a car show I saw a VT senator which got me thinking. I've always liked these, but they've only really appealed to me with the 220i. I was actually sent a message from Gumtree suggesting a few cars for me on Monday- and this was one of them. Went to look at it on Monday night and first impressions were good. I didn't make an offer there and then, but I went on to look at it with the old man on Tuesday night (he's has a mechanical background and a keen eye for detail). Again, I didn't make an offer until later that night over the phone. He accepted and I grabbed it on Wednesday and it drove home without any problems.

About the car:
HSV Senator Signature no.495

Engine: Factory 220i stroker engine - totally unmodified
Transmission: Auto
Diff: Hydratrak 3.07
Suspension: Stock - original springs & shock absorbers with level ride (the compressor still works!)
Interior: Factory pewter interior - leather with senator embroidery and electric seats
Brakes: HSV 330mm brake upgrade
Other: HSV fitted sunroof
Sound system: Standard - CD stacker and steering wheel controls all work

Plans:
-Fix the crack in the passengers side skirt and respray the rear passengers 1/4 panel (has some paint fade)
-Have stitching fixed in passengers seat
-Refit passengers side foglight
-Fit tiebar lifters for peace of mind
-Sand & clearcoat headlights

Apart from that, plans are to keep it totally original.

huhbLPN.jpg

xjtU4ex.jpg

ll8RKam.jpg

6DXDzFP.jpg

d7Ud0kG.jpg

8Vs5Z8e.jpg

2P46yiU.jpg

bQd2cK1.jpg

IwdCTB2.jpg

QZ9bub9.jpg

7SlNTeK.jpg

1bTJq5y.jpg

pkN87Ol.jpg

nrbcBWP.jpg

Cheers
Hi Mate this senator you owned really looks like the one I have do remember much on it such as build number? I brought it years ago and it came with no books or history.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi Mate this senator you owned really looks like the one I have do remember much on it such as build number? I brought it years ago and it came with no books or history.
Gday mate, I still have this, and plan for it to feature in my wedding early next year. It’s been in storage since I purchased it in 2016.

Bought some genuine headlights for it last month actually!

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Oh thats sick, how did I not know of this plan? Does that mean I also have to fix one of my cars by then too? :eek: