Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fog Lights

R

Robbie

Hi Guys,

i posted this topic in General but here is probably a better spot for it.

I have purchased aftermarket Fog lights. I have a standard Fog liht switch from a VX commodore. I have a VT S1. What do I need to do to wire them up? Can I just hard wire them into my low beam? Does anyone know what is Legal?

Cheers,

Robbie

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
If you have a separate switch to turn on and off the lights independent of the headlights, it's very simple.

If it can handle high loads (10amps+)
Install the switch, run a power cable from the battery through a fuse, through the switch to the lights and ground on the chassis.

If it can't handle high loads (most likely)
Install the switch, run cable from battery through a fuse to the switch. Out of the switch run the power to the remote line of a relay. Attach the positive of that to the battery, and run the negative to the lights. Off of the lights, attach the neg. to the chassis.

The size of the fuse and relay depends on the wattage of the lights. And you cant just throw them on with the low beams because the are illegal and may overload the curcuit too.

R

Robbie

Thanks for that..... It seems clearer now (I think)... Thatr makes more sense than the wiring diagram on the back of the box

Cheers,

Robbie