Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel lines into engine

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hi All

Just wondering which of the two fuel lines is the inlet fuel line at the engine.

The one that goes into i think its the fuel pressure regulator or the one that just goes straight into the fuel line to the injectors. (top one or bottom?)

I have reinstalled the fuel tank and wanting to flush out fuel lines with the pumps. When ignition is on you can hear i hope is the external fuel pump operating. Car has not been started for years.

1669449156402.png

Thanks

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
Hi All

Just wondering which of the two fuel lines is the inlet fuel line at the engine.

The one that goes into i think its the fuel pressure regulator or the one that just goes straight into the fuel line to the injectors. (top one or bottom?)

I have reinstalled the fuel tank and wanting to flush out fuel lines with the pumps. When ignition is on you can hear i hope is the external fuel pump operating. Car has not been started for years.

View attachment 244952

Thanks
top is the inlet, bottom is the return ..... or is it the other way around lol

short steel line from tank under master cylinder is the inlet , check in case some idiot reversed previous installation is pull off rubber hose, a quick crank and bingo fuel or get your ass under car and trace pump line, pretty simple really.

Wog087

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Just take one off and see if anything come out haha. It'll be the top one going into the reg. If you take both off for whatever reason take note of which hose was the inlet and return, or you'll be cranking your freshly rebuilt motor wondering why it won't start like someone (cough...cough...me)

Reactions: Lex

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Thanks guys have been doing some diagnostics and i dont think the external fuel pump is working.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Put direct power and earth into the external fuel pump to confirm it is cactus....

It might be something as simple as that

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Regulator will be one with vacuum line to it other one will be dampener.

Well that's how they are with vn onwards.

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hey all

For those not in the know the top line is the fuel line from the tank to the engine.

Cheers