Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pumps

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
HI all

Yes another question about fuel pumps!!

My situation - internal pump is working external is not when key turned to aux but not to crank engine over as it has not been started for a long time. Want to check fuel is geting to engine before starting engine.

Do both pumps operate together when turning key to aux before starting.

If this is the case then I need a new external pump.

Thanks

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Probably dried out internally or poling...give it a few taps see if it brings it back to life. Found it better to be on accesories when belt fuel tank or tap external pump then on/off with key....old heads trick to get home lol

Check it's getting power all basic checks but probably easier to just get new pump & filter if it'sold & sat for long periods

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hi All

Update: Installed new fuel pump and now fuel getting to the engine.

Cheers

Richzx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Chances are the internal one is clapped out as well. Mine was 'working' but couldn't supply enough fuel under harder acceleration or going up hills etc it would start to surge or miss slightly. I thought it was plugs and put new ones in but it was the pump not supplying enough fuel

PremiumVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Yes the internal fuel pump was stuffed to begin with and replaced whilst I had the fuel tank out resealing it.