Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gen3 5.7 Mods

S

Shelly

Hey guys, just bought a VX SS and looking too do some mods on her. Since im new to all this im after advice on what too doo and not do etc etc...So if anyone has some thoughts would be muchly appreciated
Thanks guys

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
supercharge her.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Shelly said:
Hey guys, just bought a VX SS and looking too do some mods on her. Since im new to all this im after advice on what too doo and not do etc etc...So if anyone has some thoughts would be muchly appreciated
Thanks guys

1/ Cold air induction either Pod set up ,two hole mod with gts maf pipe, or over the radiator.
2/cat back exhaust and headers.
3/Edit probably best BFYB.
3/change diff gears to 3.9's if man 3.4's if auto.
4/cam package.
5/turbo or supacharge.
My plans for my VYSS are Over the radiator cold air induction with mafless tune cat back exhaust (already done) and 3.9 gears this will give me awsome performance standard fuel economy and prb low 13 sec quarters. :D

S

Shelly

Thanx Daz u was a great help :king:
am looking into it, hopefully wont take too long to mod out...

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
No doubt about it Daz, the gen3's really get moving once ya start modding them, low 13s will be a piece of cake with your planned mods..with the 3.9's you should be aiming for a 13 flat. :) I was just .3 off that with my standard 3.46's. My mph was a smidge under 110, that suggests high 12's. But you think I can do that on street tyres and stock 3.46 diff gears? I got none and buckley's and the friggin axle tramp demon (a real curse on utes) was pissing me off all bloody day during my runs!!!!!. Ok back to topic Daz pretty much summed it up Shelly. :)

VZLAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
twin holed munroe CAI..

honed T/B

4 inch maff pipe..

and what ever else Daz mentioned :w00t:

B

BLACK346

TigaMite said:
twin holed munroe CAI..