Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GPS Speedo

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
all gps will need power to work, only old school way is the pitot/tube and foot style

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Read the bottom of page. Wires to battery standard needs power. Plug the antenna in. Antenna is a gps antenna.
Real easy.
I must have missed the antenna bit. I read the ad but didn't understand how it determined the speed and if that part needed to be facing the road or water. But if I can just mount the antenna on the cab front then it might just work. I have a spare one or two 12v outlets on my switch panel.

I guess my only other question is are they reliable and accurate?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
gps antenna must face the sky not under any metal, accuracy depends on how many satellites and there update rate is but usually the 0-10kph is average but above that should be good

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks for that I think I will consider getting one. Top speed and WOT is not an issue, it's when I come within 200m of the port I need to watch my speed but ATM I probably go slower than I have too as I have no idea on how what speed I'm coming in at.

Reactions: Lex

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
GPS are very good now, they can even get reception in a house. They are very accurate. Most have integral aerials, an iphone or ipad are good. You can get all sorts of apps/programs from boating, aviation and driving. I use an ipad with GPS an various programs for flying navigation and car offroad. You don't need mobile coverage for the GPS to work.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Coming time to look at this again. Taylor has been out of the water since probably March at a guess. I seen them come up on Jaycar email,, which got me thinking again about getting one.