Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Infotainment / LED locking indicator

jad79

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais Tourer
Hi all,
I have a ZB Calais Tourer and have noticed something funky with the main audio display when walking past the vehicle when locked and parked. The infotainment screen lit up momentarily, the lighting on the steering wheel controls then lit up momentarily. After this, the locked LED status on the door extinguished itself. For the ZB (Insignia B) gurus out there...

- Should the locked LED status stay on continuously when the vehicle is locked or, does it time out after a period?
- Should the information display light up when the external door lock button is pressed (with no FOB present)?

I am currently having issues with the engine auto-stop function not working. Holden are aware and chasing some fixes although I have been advised the steering module is showing a fault preventing the function from working. Could this be related?

Love the ZB but there are definitely some demons in the system! The peak being the vehicle was bricked for 5 weeks when the brake firmware update was run unsuccessfully. :(

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,

Jad

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi all,
I have a ZB Calais Tourer and have noticed something funky with the main audio display when walking past the vehicle when locked and parked. The infotainment screen lit up momentarily, the lighting on the steering wheel controls then lit up momentarily. After this, the locked LED status on the door extinguished itself. For the ZB (Insignia B) gurus out there...

- Should the locked LED status stay on continuously when the vehicle is locked or, does it time out after a period?
- Should the information display light up when the external door lock button is pressed (with no FOB present)?

I am currently having issues with the engine auto-stop function not working. Holden are aware and chasing some fixes although I have been advised the steering module is showing a fault preventing the function from working. Could this be related?

Love the ZB but there are definitely some demons in the system! The peak being the vehicle was bricked for 5 weeks when the brake firmware update was run unsuccessfully. :(

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,

Jad

if you walk near the vehicle with the keyfob the pkes wakes certain parts of the vehicle up so some things will light up and the mylink screen might flicker because it is being powered.
if you have no keyfob and you press the button on the door handle the same thing happens, you are bringing the system out of a deep sleep mode which it will sit in to conserve power being drawn from the battery.
dont stress about it because it is just the vehicle doing what it should do.

the start/stop(auto-stop) function does get disabled by a bunch of different things so yes if you are having faults logged in the system then it will not allow start/stop function to work.
this is by design and once holden sort out the steering issue the start/stop will work again.