Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Knocking sound from rear left of vy ute

Tavish

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Ss Ute
Hi there,
I have had a sound coming from the rear left that at first was sounding like an exhaust leak, but it doesn't need to running and now that it has become much louder. It sounds like I have a blown tyre or something is caught up in the wheel but everything looks fine. Can anyone shed some light on this one?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Might be best to actually take it to a reputable mechanic, as this does seem well beyond your cabilities

Tavish

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Ss Ute
Might be best to actually take it to a reputable mechanic, as this does seem well beyond your cabilities
Sorry mate but I have managed to replace or fix everything else on it so far with a little bit of guidance.. From water in my fuel system to snapped wheel lugs.. Just need to know what to look for before I take it off..?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sorry mate but I have managed to replace or fix everything else on it so far with a little bit of guidance.. From water in my fuel system to snapped wheel lugs.. Just need to know what to look for before I take it off..?

You have a noise that is getting louder and the car isn't running....

Nothing wrong with that statement either....

You need to take it to someone that can hear this mysterious noise and point you in he right direction, because I seriously doubt anyone can guide you with a noise when a car ain't running

Tavish

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Ss Ute
You have a noise that is getting louder and the car isn't running....

Nothing wrong with that statement either....

You need to take it to someone that can hear this mysterious noise and point you in he right direction, because I seriously doubt anyone can guide you with a noise when a car ain't running
When you are rolling in neutral with the engine off. Come on mate, seriously..?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
When you are rolling in neutral with the engine off. Come on mate, seriously..?

I am being serious.....The noise you describe could be a few things.....You are best take it somewhere that can use their ears to hear this noise and advise point of attack.....