Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for Help Acquiring Parts

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
Hello All,

I have been trying to acquire some Commodore ZB components but have found it very difficult to find sellers willing to ship out of the country (understandable). Most licensed Holden parts dealers are not allowed to ship outside of Australia due to licensing agreements with HSPO. Alternatively, very few wreckers want to do this either.

Specifically, I am looking for OEM exhaust components like the front intermediate pipe and possibly the rear mufflers off of the VXR hatchback. Other 3.6L V6 AWD components might also work. I understand these components are inconvenient to ship locally, let alone globally, due to their awkward size. Even after global shipping is calculated, I can purchase these parts used from Australia cheaper than I can purchase them here in the US due to the high core charges.

Any tips on where to find new/used parts are appreciated. I have looked in the usual places like fleabay and various wrecker sites. I have even found the part I need on fleabay, but the seller isn't willing to ship globally. Which leads me to my final statement... If anyone has experience with international shipping and would be willing to act as a middle-man, I would be happy to compensate accordingly (within reason).

Sorry for the essay... any tips would be greatly appreciated! Also feel free to reach out directly.

Cheers,
Jack

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Just wondering, if you are in USA couldn’t you just buy Regal GS bits?

And as regards the rear muffers a muffler shop could presumably adspt up some generic ones?

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
In short, I am simply being particular. The exhaust components do differ between the GS and the VXR. Given the option, I would much rather use an OEM component to achieve what I am after vs. chopping up my own exhaust or going the aftermarket route (which we all know is almost nonexistent).

I also prefer to make modifications that are easily reversible. If I chop up my current exhaust, that could not be done so readily.

So, if I'm not willing to modify my own exhaust... that leaves me with purchasing a new or used GS unit and then pay to have it modified. New, the intermediate pipe is $350 plus a $400 core. So $750 plus exhaust work (might as well import the OEM part). I still haven't tracked down a used unit for pricing but it would be significantly less cost.

As for the mufflers, I suppose I am just a little hesitant to go with a universal muffler that gets tacked on haphazardly. If I were to find the right exhaust shop, I'd consider it. My biggest fear is that I am not happy with the workmanship or the sound and then there's no way for me to reverse it without added cost.

Last edited: