Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Picked up a SH RST textile jacket in a XXL today, along with a pair of Dririder gloves for $20 all up.. Jacket seems pretty decent. It's long and will be easier to get on than my race leather jacket. The gloves I'm not sure how warm they will be as they are not winter gloves by the looks of it, more of a spring glove. I'll test them tomorrow and see how they fare compared to my racing leather gloves.

View attachment 267669
Geez, I hope you're not wearing that tie for your step-daughter's wedding.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Heated gloves arrived at work yesterday. Swung past today and grabbed them. They seem reasonable for eBay cheapies, plus they fit. I'll charge them up when I get home and test them out.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Heated gloves eh, who'd a thunk it?

Down here they are pretty essential. When you're in 0 deg it doesn't take long to become white knuckled and fingers that cramp up.

Some bikes run heated hand grips from factory. Retro fitting them is possible but expensive. $36 for a pair if gloves is a lot cheaper.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Down here they are pretty essential. When you're in 0 deg it doesn't take long to become white knuckled and fingers that cramp up.

Some bikes run heated hand grips from factory. Retro fitting them is possible but expensive. $36 for a pair if gloves is a lot cheaper.
You haven't ridden in the UK when it's minus 10 degrees. That's when you know your pinkies are cold.
I've ridden here to. Yeah, not quite as cold.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Is the rear axle mounted in an eccentric on the swingarm to adjust the chain tension?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is the rear axle mounted in an eccentric on the swingarm to adjust the chain tension?
Some weird sprocket that you turn using a big half moon spanner, after loosening a single bolt.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You haven't ridden in the UK when it's minus 10 degrees. That's when you know your pinkies are cold.
I've ridden here to. Yeah, not quite as cold.
The old house use to get minus 10s. That was cold. No way I'd ride my bike in those temps. I already hit a tree years ago in my old Jeep after hitting ice going down a hill.