Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Brand new car just purchased: 2006 SV6 VE

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Do you mean the oil pressure sender, which comes up as a check engine light? Or are you talking about the oil light being illuminated? If the engine light is showing due to the pressure sender fault, I still drove my sv6 when that fault happened for around a month and nothing happened. However, it had no stability control (traction control (ESP OFF), so drive at your own peril.
My fault is the oil pressure switch which actually is a completely different warning light which is

CHECK OIL illuminated yes
As I have had that warning light on my dash for the last couple days since i got like checked from Ultra tune Glen Waverley about a week ago.

As I said in my previous post,
CHECK ENGINE , warning light just came on the dash as of early this morning after I left work, I've had previous problems with this in the past which was ESP off which I found out that was the throttle body that also had check engine too but this is completely different I am getting a couple of things replaced as of tomorrow such as

Oil pressure switch replacement
And
Front LH rod end replacement
(Handling,with wheel alignment)

And eventually
Engine mounts but might need to save fur that.

Thank you

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
My fault is the oil pressure switch which actually is a completely different warning light which is

CHECK OIL illuminated yes
As I have had that warning light on my dash for the last couple days since i got like checked from Ultra tune Glen Waverley about a week ago.

As I said in my previous post,
CHECK ENGINE , warning light just came on the dash as of early this morning after I left work, I've had previous problems with this in the past which was ESP off which I found out that was the throttle body that also had check engine too but this is completely different I am getting a couple of things replaced as of tomorrow such as

Oil pressure switch replacement
And
Front LH rod end replacement
(Handling,with wheel alignment)

And eventually
Engine mounts but might need to save fur that.

Thank you
I wouldn’t drive with the check oil light unless you are 1000000% sure it is the oil pressure switch. Shouldn’t throw an oil light in my opinion and experience

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I wouldn’t drive with the check oil light unless you are 1000000% sure it is the oil pressure switch. Shouldn’t throw an oil light in my opinion and experience
I definitely know it's the oil switch as I got it checked from another ultratune and also on the first day this happened and it had oil in the car and it was perfectly fine needed to toped up which they did.
As I said previously Im getting it replaced as of tomorrow I'll just hope nothing happens to the car in the next 24 hours hopefully over the last couple of days it's been okay but I might check it before tomorrow morning.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I definitely know it's the oil switch as I got it checked from another ultratune and also on the first day this happened and it had oil in the car and it was perfectly fine needed to toped up which they did.
As I said previously Im getting it replaced as of tomorrow I'll just hope nothing happens to the car in the next 24 hours hopefully over the last couple of days it's been okay but I might check it before tomorrow morning.
I drove mine with a faulty switch for a month or a bit more. I was fine but I obviously cannot verse that it is a good idea. ESP off was bothering me which was why I changed it otherwise I would have changed it next service

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I drove mine with a faulty switch for a month or a bit more. I was fine but I obviously cannot verse that it is a good idea. ESP off was bothering me which was why I changed it otherwise I would have changed it next service
Thanks for the information as I said previously in an earlier post not this one a couple of months ago I had the same problem with the esp or the traction control off I'm probably gonna have to do exactly the same thing as well I did back then all over again until I drop off the car tomorrow morning.