Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Camo VE snapped

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
Yeh would love a hatch, Anyone ever see the SSX, a hatch with a fold down tray like a ute :D

Also it was AWD

Maybe the new model will be AWD and be turbo.

I not really phased, as long as it looks better then a Ford

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
I think its almost a sure thing that there will be a turbo model, but as seen in the past it wont come out until the series 2 comes out, just like when the Gen 3 came out in series 2 Vt's. As it has been said that base models will have a fair range of features, 17's are suppose to be standard in order to fit massive brakes that are required to pull up the weight and power.

None of the pictures do the car justice as they are taken from the worst possible angle. The wing does look huge but if you look at some of the pictures that have been takin by people of cars in camo it doesnt look any bigger then the current VZ SS wing, i think that it is the same car as all the wheels etc are the same.

Dont any pass judgement on it untill either proper photos are realised or untill you see it in the flesh, This is holden were talkin about there not completely stupid, seen as though we all like something they have done in the past, because we drive them! If it looks a little like a camary, or Falcon or an audi who cares, it could just entise more people to wanna own one, putting sales figures higher and keeping the company in business. Then they might consider a hatchback (sports model) to entise some people over from the import area to buy one and so us allready smart people (current commodore owners ;) ) will have a nice hot package to buy for our selves.

All we can do is hope for the best....If worst comes to worst we will just drive the models that we like already, for me im still keepin my VS no matter what :) :)

F

foammedia

We need dedication

The internet is a powerful tool, if evertime someone searches "VE Commodore" google hits a thread that says Where's my VE hatch?! it will happen :). I even wrote Holden a email saying I need help because I feel sick and worried that there's no signs of a hatchback so far :p I actually got a reply! but they wouldn't confirm or deny any hatchback and said I'll have to wait till official info is realised to see what models there will be :D baaah

Quicksilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Juzza said:
A few questions to all the haters:

Did you like the VR when it was unveiled? (if applicable)
Did you like the VT when it was unveiled? (if applicable)
Did you like the VY when it was unveiled?

What is your opinion (looks) of the VR, VT and VY now?

I liked the VR and VT....i absolutly hated the VY....the front was pretty awesome but the back...i still dislike it...so angular and yuk :p

I reckon the VE from those pictures looks like a big astra. That was the first thing i thought when i saw it. Altho that green photoshopped one looks pretty cool. nice job with that.

I think all cars these days are going too european. Bring back the VX!! Best model in my opinion ;)

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Juzza said:
A few questions to all the haters:

Did you like the VR when it was unveiled? (if applicable)
Did you like the VT when it was unveiled? (if applicable)
Did you like the VY when it was unveiled?

What is your opinion (looks) of the VR, VT and VY now?

i wasnt into the scene when the VR was released ... and i was like 8 years old lol. I remember the VT coming out and liked the look of it alot!, but hate it now and always liked the VY :)

blackahcdx

Reaction score
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
All the "is it this? is it that?" is really getting old. I have been doing a lot of readin on this site over the last couple of weeks and there seems to be one common factor... NOBODY seems to get that Holden will test anything in any way they like, not just on individual final products... Why not see how the current HSV calipers perform on the new car? Why not put some "pods" (more likely testing/engineering equipment) into a test mule?

Porsche are currently testing the new Panamera chassis (to be shared with the new Audi A7) with the Cayenne body as a disguise...

Manufacturers test in ways we know VERY little about so to say things like "it's most likely the sportiest Holden" or "people think it's a HSV" is just plain ignorant. It's a test car, it has a code assigned to it, engineers get data from it... Nothing more, nothing less.

The only final answer we will have about what the VE looks like and what the model line up is, will be when it's OFFICIALLY released from Holden. But keep speculating, it's great to read :)

Personally, I'm still a firm believer they will shock all with a hatch.

The car's you are actually talking about are early development mules.

The cars that Holden currently have running around would have come down the production line, hence having production spec wheels, lights and grilles ect in place and all taped up.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
blackahcdx said:
The cars that Holden currently have running around would have come down the production line

Maybe so, but that still doesn't stop them changing things that are easy to change (like wheels, spoilers, trim, etc) just to throw everyone off...