Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] No oil at the push rods/lifters after oil pump replacement

noongv6

wagon,low,cruising,5speed
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
Hey fellas last night on me mates vl Calais,308 5litre we replaced the oil pump ..filled it with Vaseline an filled oil filter before fittment, all back together ,filled engine with oil everything got double checked. Then we cranked here up ...noticing that there was no oil coming out the top off the push rods/lifters ...we shut it down after about 2-4mjnutes... engine has oil pressure and everything else seems to be fine..how long does it take for oil to come through usually ? Straight away 5 mins?? what's a diagnosis. Have we ####ed Somthing bad I just need bit off Info from the right people cheers. An be a real help iff Someone could guide me in right direction thanks tony

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I would be worried if your not getting oil pressure to the top end after 30 seconds max......don't want to flatten a cam lobe

vsls1

Reaction score
Hey fellas last night on me mates vl Calais,308 5litre we replaced the oil pump ..filled it with Vaseline an filled oil filter before fittment, all back together ,filled engine with oil everything got double checked. Then we cranked here up ...noticing that there was no oil coming out the top off the push rods/lifters ...we shut it down after about 2-4mjnutes... engine has oil pressure and everything else seems to be fine..how long does it take for oil to come through usually ? Straight away 5 mins?? what's a diagnosis. Have we ####ed Somthing bad I just need bit off Info from the right people cheers. An be a real help iff Someone could guide me in right direction thanks tony

Did you replace it with a high volume oil pump ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free