Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
making little or no noise : : : absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm : : : make or become silent, calm, or still: ;)
carried out discreetly, secretly, or with moderation: :cool:

Maybe not referring to your exhaust note, as per posts, but I thought that a ride thread or some owners thoughts on the success or not of a VL convertible. Please.
Yeh, it's coming - have been asked to do a ride page previously, and will do so. Just need to pull together the history into one place and need to get some magazine photos scanned. Although the history quoted is good, there are a few extras to add.

I put this post up of the car with The Bridgestone Precision Driving Team. Shows the red interior and the Calais wheels (which I have). https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...es-in-first-post.128874/page-949#post-3350940

It is actually a VL Commodore (not a Monza), but haters gonna hate.
That's a genuine Walkinshaw bonnet scoop but I think that will become a garage ornament if I can source a new bonnet.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Yeh, it's coming - have been asked to do a ride page previously, and will do so. Just need to pull together the history into one place and need to get some magazine photos scanned. Although the history quoted is good, there are a few extras to add.

I put this post up of the car with The Bridgestone Precision Driving Team. Shows the red interior and the Calais wheels (which I have). https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...es-in-first-post.128874/page-949#post-3350940

It is actually a VL Commodore (not a Monza), but haters gonna hate.
That's a genuine Walkinshaw bonnet scoop but I think that will become a garage ornament if I can source a new bonnet.
That's crazy... I just look on the classifieds and sometimes post weird and interesting cars on this forum... Congratulations on a unique purchase

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The plus for the VL convertible is that it has good history, which adds desirability, and coin

I agree with removing the bonnet scoop

Great thing to roll to cars and coffee in with the family

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
That's crazy... I just look on the classifieds and sometimes post weird and interesting cars on this forum... Congratulations on a unique purchase

I haven't hung around in here for a couple of years and only found the car for sale a few weeks back. The minister for war and finance said I had to sell the boat first, as you can see in the photo, I sort of still have the boat.

The plus for the VL convertible is that it has good history, which adds desirability, and coin

I agree with removing the bonnet scoop

Great thing to roll to cars and coffee in with the family

Yes, too many people got hung up on the Walkinshaw aspect, I was more interested in it's uniqueness and the fact it had some history. Many of us may have seen the car at Royal Shows back in the late 1980s and not realised it.

Cars and coffee is exactly why I bought it. Who knows, maybe I'll link up with a VL Walkinshaw owner and start a wedding & formal car business in Canberra. Even then, the bonnet may still be retired as I prefer the clean lines.