Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power upgrade: Blown or Stroked

H

HSV1992

I am in the process of a major power overhaul and in two minds in which way to proceed, it will either be a blown 5ltr or a 383 torque monster.
As I have money to burn, I have given myself a certain amount to spend on the engine as the brakes and suspension will be upgraded and a fresh bare metal respray to give the clubsport a new lease on life.

I have already looked at doing a blown 355 but I don't think the internals would handle 15 PSI plus without blowing the budget out of the water.
So instead was looking at a standard stroke 304 with all the goodies (4 bolt mains, H beam rods and so on) and a Vortec V7 or a 383 from COME racing that they claim as an 11 second daily driver.

I just want to know what people think, or what would people do?

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
big cubes is a great idea, but with the extra stroke, it will need some additional strengthening work. Id probably consider 355ci capacity as a good compremise, and probably suggest say a low boost 355ci engine with 10psi to be a better power prospect than a 304/308ci engine with 15psi

mabee idenitfy what u wanna do with the einge/car, and your approx budget for more assistance