Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Racing Clutch for VE SSV with T56. Recommendation

The Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Hi. I have a modified L98 making 300kw at wheels through a T56. The car will be raced at circuits like Winton Phillip Island and Sandown and Bathurst over 6 to 10 laps. No endurance events. I want to upgrade clutch to suit. My driving style is smooth and neat.....mostly and I am 64 and don't want a hard noisy and unforgiving clutch that breaks gearboxes. Need some cushioning. I have used Exedy in my turbo race car and was very happy. What would you experienced racers recommend. Much Appreciated.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mantic 9000 twin. Great clutch. I'm putting a smidge under 600hp through mine in front of a T56, have done just over 20k and it's held up great. Quite a few kms on track. I went organic for street ability, I'd probably suggest a ceramic version for your purposes

I'd also recommend a S1 sequential shifter if you're racing, it's friggin fantastic and great on the box because it doesn't matter how hard or soft you reef it, the mechanism does the work and keeps your selectors/syncros safe

The Knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Mantic 9000 twin. Great clutch. I'm putting a smidge under 600hp through mine in front of a T56, have done just over 20k and it's held up great. Quite a few kms on track. I went organic for street ability, I'd probably suggest a ceramic version for your purposes

I'd also recommend a S1 sequential shifter if you're racing, it's friggin fantastic and great on the box because it doesn't matter how hard or soft you reef it, the mechanism does the work and keeps your selectors/syncros safe
Thanks for your advice. Yep the S1 will be going on too. Will have a look at the Mantic