Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Radio Channel Changes when wheel moves

LozzaNewport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Calais
Hey Fellas,
So im driving my 2011 ve series 2 calais and i turn the wheel left or right and the channel frequency moves one way or another. And when im playing music on my phone it also changes songs
Any ideas to help at all?
Thanks

Gridlocked

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SV6 Commodore
Agree with greenac, not familiar with this model however it probably still uses a "clockspring" assembly as a means of electrically connecting the wheel mounted audio controls to the fixed wiring harness in the column. Maybe the "common" connection going through the clockspring assembly is making/breaking contact causing such erratic behaviour of the audio controls. My VYII had same issue a few years back.

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
Hey Fellas,
So im driving my 2011 ve series 2 calais and i turn the wheel left or right and the channel frequency moves one way or another. And when im playing music on my phone it also changes songs
Any ideas to help at all?
Thanks
I have seen this once before and it was the buttons on the steering wheel that were faulty. The springs in the buttons where a bit weak and turning the wheel or going over big bumps would cause the radio stations to change.

McKellar-47

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S Pack 3.8L, 2011 VE S2 SV6.
Hey mate i know this is a little old but 100% is a faulty clock spring i came here as i was having the same issues and i replaced mine from a wreckers as i didnt have $500 spare to replace it with a new one and it instantly fixed the SRS issues and the radio functions resetting and changing stations and the volume changed up and down constantly disconnecting bluetooth also, nothing worse than turning right and i get blasted with static noise at max volume haha