Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Remote filter

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Just wondering where others have mounted there remote oil filters?
I have one ready to mount (with oil pressure gauge sender unit fitted) but need to choose a good spot before purchasing my hose and fittings.

I will upload a photo of my remote unit to show size when I find the cord to connect to computer, LOL

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Have a look at VRSenator065 thread, I think he mounted a remote filter under the guard by the vacuum canister. I think it's probably a decent location, up and out of the way etc.

Like this (borrowed from Sens thread), this one is on the opposite side but you get the idea.

EngineOilCooler_zpsa547ca8d.jpg

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Have a look at VRSenator065 thread, I think he mounted a remote filter under the guard by the vacuum canister. I think it's probably a decent location, up and out of the way etc.

Like this (borrowed from Sens thread), this one is on the opposite side but you get the idea.

EngineOilCooler_zpsa547ca8d.jpg

I had thought about there But changed my mind. maybe I will re investigate putting it there.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I had a look; there is a swage in the chassis rail around there, so would mount above that, which puts it quite close to the underside of the wind washer fluid reservoir. Also, the sender unit hanging out the side is close to the vacuum canister. It I get all the correct fittings I may be able to make it work. Just Maybe!
Might have to dummy fit in one hole to see. Plus will kind of want a small stone guard in front of the tyre too.