Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound system for vs commodore

steveo8869

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
Waiting some ideas with new systems speakers and subs amps ect I’m looking to do up a really nice system in my commodore want nice sound and bass any ideas so I can look into it Suss out thanks

knos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spac Sii
Waiting some ideas with new systems speakers and subs amps ect I’m looking to do up a really nice system in my commodore want nice sound and bass any ideas so I can look into it Suss out thanks
splits up front if you have the factory palstic under the front window with the split holes cut out (not all of them do i've found out)
splits on the rear shelf and sub in the boot facing the boot opening for better bass.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What's your budget?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
You won't get nice bass out of door speakers or parcel shelf so definately get a sub.

I'd do:
Splits in the front (separate tweeter to speaker) - I quite like the Alpine type S or R.

3 way's in the parcel shelf once again type S or R's.

4 channel amp in the boot for the speakers.

Add a sub and a mono block amp if you want more bass on top of that. VS Doors are not good for creating bass so I find a sub is pretty beneficial. And I don't even listen to doof doof music I like Punk rock/70's/80's etc and I'll still say a sub is beneficial for creating a good ambiance for your tunes.

I've just finished the stereo on my VE ute with Type R splits and an underseat subwoofer. Not as as the old setup in my VS that had the works but your limited with what you can do in a 2 door ute.

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
You won't get nice bass out of door speakers imo, especially without an amp.

To get clarity and depth out of speakers you need an amp, most aftermarket headunits even expensive ones still don't have enough umph for good speakers.
In general I agree.
But to be different, I have pioneer yellows components up front, 6" 2-way up back and pioneer RS-80 head unit.
Tricked a few people into thinking a 10" sub was in the boot when they listened because those front speakers are awesome.

It'll never compare to the twin rocky 12's in my last car, but then again I'm not after that in this car.

OP sounds like he will need subs to achieve what he is after, I'm just saying with top range stuff it is alot better than cheap stuff.