Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaking at the front

Sandra27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi, Bought the Vxr 40000 kms, 2 months ago, and squeaking at the front on bumps and road, even not damaged road .. also sometimes feel like car will fall apart, so I stopped driving it, waiting for appointment at dealer ! Do you have a mechanic to recommend? Also car sometimes detects pedestrians that dont exist, and start/stop system, hardly work, maybe a sensor problem? Thank you.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hi, Bought the Vxr 40000 kms, 2 months ago, and squeaking at the front on bumps and road, even not damaged road .. also sometimes feel like car will fall apart, so I stopped driving it, waiting for appointment at dealer ! Do you have a mechanic to recommend? Also car sometimes detects pedestrians that dont exist, and start/stop system, hardly work, maybe a sensor problem? Thank you.

the squeak is probably something in the front suspension/cv and the mechanic should be able to find that fairly easily.

the eyes forward system detecting pedestrians uses a camera in the middle of the top of the windscreen and sometimes you will need to make sure that area is clean but it could also be a software error so it might require an update.
if the window has been replaced the camera may require recalibration.

the start stop junk has certain conditions that must be met before it will operate so at times it will not work...
The engine start-stop system checks if each of the following conditions is fulfilled.

The engine start-stop system is not manually deactivated.
The bonnet is fully closed.
The driver's door is closed and the driver's seat belt is fastened.
The vehicle battery is sufficiently charged and in good condition.
The engine is warmed up.
The engine coolant temperature is not too high.
The engine exhaust temperature is not too high, e.g. after driving with high engine load.
The ambient temperature is above -5 °C.
The climate control system allows an Autostop.
The brake vacuum is sufficient.
The self-cleaning function of the diesel particulate filter is not active.
The vehicle was driven at least at walking speed since the last Autostop.

Certain settings of the climate control system may inhibit an Autostop.
Immediately after freeway driving, an Autostop may be inhibited.

Last edited:

Sandra27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi, So went to the dealership, they did not find anything! Just greased everything under and bolted everything ! was good, i drove it for 12 kms and squeaking is back!

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
Check and see if the lower control arms have been replaced under warranty. Common issue and a revised part was released and Holden has a service bulletin about it.

Sandra27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Thank you, No I don't think it has been replaced. Nothing in the car's book. Any chance you know where i can find the bulletin you spoke about? Where do you get your car serviced? I need to find a mechanic that takes the problem seriously. Thank you;

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
See attached … :) Best of luck

Attachments

• Control Arm Service update .pdf
    614.9 KB · Views: 197

Sandra27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
So now, the squeaking, cracking comes after more than 50 kms driven, and going on speed bumps, booked for a diagnostic this week! I tried and put some pressure on the right side and left side of the bonnet, ( The place just above the front wheel) .. the car squeaks ..