Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 t5 speed sensor, all info I can find on my sensor relates to different coloured wire

tim_pato

Reaction score
Members Ride
daily-5.0 5spd vr ss clubodore, project-74 lh rana
Doing a t5 conversion with an auto harness. My speed sensor however,the wires coming from it are, pink with white trace. Pink with blue trace and grey with white trace. All the info I can find are for different coloured wires. Can someone please tell me which one is signal, which is earth and which is positive?

Last edited:

tim_pato

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is 3 wires coming from the speed sensor.........?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ok well this pic:
ml43atf8btA3Ovi84noRywQ.jpg

certainly makes it look like a 3 wire 'hall effect' sensor. so that being the case, do you have a multimeter? if so you can find out which is the signal wire by connecting to earth and [pick a wire] and rotating the driveshaft. when youve got the signal wire, the multimeter reading will fluctuate as you turn. then its just a case of guessing which is positive and which is negative.

otherwise, doesnt look like too many people on JC know the answer. im sure delcowizard or immortality would know...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
they are not the genuine colours so I'm not sure which is which, genuine is pink/blue ign, purple/white sig, black/white earth, after market wiring colours could be anything so u will need to test, and use a multimeter not test light some sensors can be killed easy if hooked up wrong...

tim_pato

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't have a multimeter, so Well I hacked up the old one (all three wires broke off flush and I slipped when I was trying to expose enough to solder on to) I compared were each wire came out and done it that way, ended up with the signal wire and positive back to front. Swapped them and it seems to work, Ive only tested it jacked up and idle in 2nd gear.