Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tm4l60e Wiring Info

J

James Collins

I am looking at putting a race built 4L60E into my commodore VN series 2. I have rebuilt and supercharged the V6 engine and I am now building the new wiring harness.

I have managed to find the pin layout for the new transmission

A 1-2 Shift
B 2-3 Shift
C Pressure Solen. High
D Pressure Solen. Low
E Both Shift Slnd, TCC, and 3-2 high
L Fluid Temp High
M Fluid Temp Low
N Range signal A
P Range signal C
R Range signal B
S 3-2 Cntrl Solenoid Low
T TCC Solenoid (low)
U TCC PWM Solenoid

but at the moment dont know what some of the pins are for. The box contains a shift kit, stage 3 so the requires manual gear changes. I have a t-bar that currently sends a 12 volt signal down a different wire for each of the P R N D 3 2 1 positions.

Any ideas on how to do this or where to look?

bad benny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Try looking up 700R4, thats what they call it in the USA. there is heaps of info on it. I know I was reading exactly the info you wanted on a page one night, just not sure where it was. It could have been an attachment to this page, not sure.
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/te...o/techinfo.html

sorry wont be that page, as thats for the hydrolic valve body (4l60 not 4l60e).

Have you looked at getting a different valve body for it, I understand they are totally interchangeable to make 4l60e into a 4l60. But on the other hand with correct wiring you shouldnt need it.

As far as i know the computer doesnt actually change the gears like most people think. It changes the way the hydrolics change gears using
Range signal A
Range signal B
Range signal C

Good luck

Bad Benny

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
or you could run ya vn on a vr computer as it's basically the same motor and i've heard lots of people doing it but you would then need to install a BCM but i recon there would be a way around that. actually i have a vr auto computer spare from my converion, i even got the plug from the auto but i'd have to cut it from the loom as i am still useing the auto loom or just buy an auto loom from a vr and install it, no problems. do u understand i'm starting to confuse me now. oh and get the wiring diagrams. i have some on the computer i can e-mail you but they are poor quality so you'd have to inlarge them to see them.