Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UC Torana 4 Door

Breid90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi Guys,

Just purchased a new(to me) UC 4 Door and was seeing if anybody had some opinions on what to do project wise.
currently has a 202 which is what it is.
Not to sure on current rules on putting V8's into cars that come out with 6's if someone could shed some light on this.
If not how much work would it get to get a 202 to a decent output. and if its worth it.

Just looking for a nice street car nothing amazing.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
You can get little power out of the 202, but nothing that'll rip your face off.

But if you put a blown on it and build it right, it'll be very fun. Plus theres something extra cool about seeing a filter sticking out the right side of a bonnet, instead of the middle.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Looks like a neat little project mate
i agree with everyone else though a turbo 202 would be cool to see, there aren't that many getting around.

also plenty of potential to make enough power out of them theres a vk with the plates WTF202 that pushes over 300 rwkw with a turbo 202 :)

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Another Torana, fark yeah...(even if it is a uc)

You can get little power out of the 202, but nothing that'll rip your face off.

But if you put a blown on it and build it right, it'll be very fun. Plus theres something extra cool about seeing a filter sticking out the right side of a bonnet, instead of the middle.

202's can be made to go hard. Blower will be on the left side of the engine.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Nice car mate, UC's imho are very underrated. Drop it very low, de badge it, remove the side moldings. If it were mine I would maybe keep it sort of old school, maybe just a nice clean injected 304, maybe a set of hot-wires. Would look and go sweet. You can make a 202 go, but they will always be limited compared to a modern engine, depends what your after.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
looks good,a mate had a uc a few years ago here in sa and she had a 308 4spd man in her and as far as I know it was a straight swap with the older lh/x mounts etc, what you can do depends on your budget and if it needs to be engineered

you could very easily work the 202 to Bathurst spec or more but would cost more to run than a stock v8-again the choice is unlimited

good luck with it

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
that looks nice mate.. very good starting point.. makes my project LC look like the rust pile it is haha but hey cantt compalin as my mate gave it to me, with a 308 in bits..