Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BigAlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hey guys, I have had my o2 sensors replaced and my car is still telling me it’s running rich. I had this running rich problem for about 3 or 4 weeks. I Have a ve 2011 Berlina Sidi 3.0L v6

It started at a red light my engine light turned on randomly and as I’m driving and press the gas till probably 5000 to 6000 rpm on 2nd gear and above. Then my car starts to feel weird as if my car doesn’t wanna change to the next gear and has a continuous tone that doesn’t sound right.

I haven’t changed much only my air filter to a k&n in the stock air box and about a month ago or just a bit before I started running on 98 only. I get codes for random misfires, 02 bank 2 problem and running lean

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Clean the MAF sensor. K&N filters use oil on their filters. New filters can have quite a lot of oil on them which can get sucked into the engine and can contaminate the MAF sensor causing faulty readings.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Paper filter will be far more reliable.

BigAlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Clean the MAF sensor. K&N filters use oil on their filters. New filters can have quite a lot of oil on them which can get sucked into the engine and can contaminate the MAF sensor causing faulty readings.
I heard that it does have a lot and when I opened it it did have a lot of oil I’ll clean it

BigAlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
It didn’t work

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why were the o2’s changed in the first place?
Were Bosch sensors used?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
What did you clean the MAF with?
Is the plug reseated correctly.

Sounds like the o2’s are doing their job.

Put the paper filter back in.

If there are air leaks from places other than before the MAF the. There is unmetered air entering and throwing out fuel trims.

Smoke testing the intake. That will find every little leak there is. You can make a smoker at home.

I’d be checking plugs with the misfire.

I’d be checking injectors.

Make sure the accessories are spinning straight. Make sure no bearings are buggered. It is well noted in Holden tech bulletins that worn accessory drive pulleys can cause misfires.

I think live data will need to be looked at too.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I too think if it's not the MAF you might be looking at a fuel issue. Random misfires will upset the O2 sensor readings.

When was the last time the spark plugs were replaced?