Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV UTE L77- P0118 code

Fezza1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hi I have a VE Ssv Ute 2012 and the p0118 code keeps coming up at random times, I have replaced the ECT sensor 3 times and also have replaced the plug for it as well and when I clear the codes it might be hours or a day or a week and then it pulls the code again so I checked the voltage at the plug when it’s disconnected from the sensor and when the code is cleared it has 5V but once it throws the code it has 0 volts I have also checked the earth wire on the plug and it is fine so the only thing I can think of is possibly a wire has worn through somewhere in the harness and is earthing out every now and then or it has something to do with the 5volt power supply to that sensor can someone please help. I can’t find a wiring diagram for it to be able to trace back where the 5v supply comes from to be able to check for any breaks or wear in the wire and help would be appreciated thanks