Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Walkinshaw Tune Vs Touch up Tune with low nm reading

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
Sounds good! I'm interested in the result let us know!!
With new bridgestone 275 tyres wheel spin isn't significant either but I find that even on dry asphalt, if I take off at half throttle, the rear tyres break loose at around 4 rpm it spins sideways! And traction control lights up. I've had the A6 tured to change hard between 1st to 2nd and 2nd into 3rd. In manual mode it's like a quick shift.

Last edited:

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Tyres make so much difference either way. For a powerful car like the mildly massaged VE grippy tyres mean u can transfer the power to real world acceleration and cornering grip. It's spectacular fun at the traffic lights.

I have a couple of cars that are deliberately under tyred for size (not quality of tyre). In my old 2002 Bmw (900kg) it only runs 185 wide on 14" rims means with only modest power it's fun to drive. Put 225's on and it would make the car bog down and the heavier which would be poor responding in corners.

I went to the tuners today just to see if the ecu is locked or not but luckily ist unlocked so the tune is a drive in/out in a day proposition.

I spoke to them about the rpm limit. Mines currently at 6600 but with the short diff we are going to have it at 7000 in first and 6800 in 2nd and keep 6600 for other gears. The engine is not under as much load in the earlier gears so it's a good compremise