Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

Shem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 Ssv Redline Sedan
You carefully lift the windscreen seal, the part that rests on the body, using a trim tool or a Commonwealth Credit card.

Then you spray sparingly under the seal, actually between the seal and the body and you’re done…

It should be obvious when you look at how the seal rests on the body panel.
Damn it now I’ll have to sign up to CBA.

Jokes aside thank you will try it!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Damn it now I’ll have to sign up to CBA.

Jokes aside thank you will try it!
CBA card helps if you screw things up and have to pay to fix it :p:p:p

Jokes aside, take it’s slow, don’t ham-fisted and force things and it should all be fine.
From what I’ve read, it’s just the top part of the seal across the roof that needs a little spray.

Good luck and tell us how you get on and whether the squeak disappears :cool:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
As Skylarking said, lift the seal against the body and spray. I sold that car over 12 months ago, so I can’t take a picture.

Peter William K

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 2017 Sedan
Yep spot on. I found the noise very difficult to pinpoint. Initially thought it was coming from bottom of windscreen/dash area. However pushing with pressure on top drivers side screen from the inside would also create the creaking noise. No noise when wet either.

Definitely sounds like you have this issue.
Hi Rastus SSV Redline.

I was reading your posts about a creaking windcreen in your SSV. I have a September 2017 SSV Redline which has had the problem since new.Dealer sprayed the silicone many years ago which fixed the windscreen noise as I did not want to remove the screen at the time which lasted a long time.
The problem is back and I have asked the dealer to fix the issue permanently with a refit and new seal. Can you please tell me if your fix involved a new screen or did they just replace the top seal and fit your old screen back? My has factory warranty till October 24. Still waiting to hear back from Dealer as they have sent info for a claim to Holden .You seem to have had a good fix at Robina Holden but I am in Hobart Tasmania and deal with Motors, the old Holden dealer here where I bought the car
Cheers Peter

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Can also confirm that this fix worked with my dads Aug 17 build MY17 VF2 SV6.

Had noticed a rattle awhile back, seemingly coming from within the dash (Centre of it specifically)

Came across this thread and tried the fix. Cleaned along the window rubber, and then used a credit card to spray WD40 Silicon spray along the seem. Rattle gone.

Will monitor if it returns