Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] vn heads "sydney speed"

fat084

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84
thanks guys sounds like i wont be purchessing any thing from S'S'S...AT RACING >>>PROCOMP as it dosent matter how many times you change your name **** still smells the same

thanks FAT084

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
one of my mates is a mechanic who works on a few hotrods, he bought some roller rockers off them and one of them had the bearing where the shaft slides thru disintegrate within hours. also bought a chev crate motor off them and where the bores had been relieved for rod clearance they had ground right thru into the water jacket! needless to say none of us shop there anymore
did anyone else notice that they dont advertise in street machine anymore ever since the bloke who writes the 'stage write' column had a whinge about the quality of their stuff?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
did anyone else notice that they dont advertise in street machine anymore ever since the bloke who writes the 'stage write' column had a whinge about the quality of their stuff?

damn right. i though it was a laugh, advertisers $$$ seemed more important. about time they got moved on from the mag.

Aero86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commo, Vx Commo, AP6 Val
there is nothing good about procomp lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
also bought a chev crate motor off them and where the bores had been relieved for rod clearance they had ground right thru into the water jacket! needless to say none of us shop there anymore

thats a bunch of crap. they score their blocks from GM mexico, the same place as GM do. corvettes use those blocks ffs.

and if you are talking about one of the world blocks they supply your aRE talking serious sh1t cos' 'world blocks' are the baddies of strokers. some of the best gear around comes from those dudes at 'world'

i dont like SSS/AT racing/procomp as much as much as the next guy, but seriously lets not say stuff that just is not true.

VL2Di4

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 355
It has been proven that there alloy heads only flow 400hp out of the box when they state 480hp..Stock cast style heads flow more then that.I cant see how they are still open for business when everyone knows how **** they are