Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP throttle body mods

T

trucker

Hi guys,
I'm running a basicaly stock 3800 VP motor apart from the supercharger & metho/water injection.
I have been told that if I increase my TB size I can get more HP at the rear wheels.
Ok, since most of you guys, sorry & gals know more about the V6 then I do, any help would be a great help.
I'm sure stock VP TB is 64mm, so how big can I go & where can I get one.
with some idea of cost, I can fit it myself so fitting is not a problem.
I can't afford some of the major mod's that could be done, just looking for just that little bit extra.
Thanks.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
the v8 throttle body fits easily on the v6's i think it is 68mm. all it should really do it make ur throttle response better

vnv6grpa

Reaction score
Your VP Buick TB will be 60mm.. best thing to do would be get a 2nd hand V8 VN-VS which should fit your with little mods.. or get a 70mm of ebay for over $200

2nd hand V8 tb's are hard to find now with all of us wanting them, been looking for one myself....

vnv6grpa

Reaction score
Have you removed the bell mouth from inside your plenium??? Series2 Buicks have a bellmouth that was supposed to even thr flow to stop a rough idle and the closest 2pots running lean... most of us have removed it, just need to reset your IAC valve but disconnecting your battery and then latter when startingup again holding up your revs over 3grand for 10secs...

T

trucker

Thanks guys. I have just read the posts.
I will check out every thing in the morning and see what the outcome is.
Once again thank you.
Ray..