Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 304 torque specs

Dolts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss bt1 , vt bt1, vs statesman international #1
I can't say sorry as non of my V8's have had cast iron exhaust manifolds but my experience with the V6 engines shows that end exhaust manifold bolts break and cause leaks and the passenger side always ends up cracking.

The fact you can feel air coming somewhere from the exhaust system under the bonnet is a good indicator something has failed.
Allgood, cheers, I'm the same first 5L iv owned with cast manifold,
I have found the issue, it's a simple fix, I should have looked before posting, but the thing is that slammed, I didn't have the time to get the jacks out and couldnt get my head under it, a mate did one bolt up more than the other leavinging a gap between where manifold meets exhaust, I was out getting parts at the time, he jacked the front up, with the rear still on the ground, and the rear rubber for the exhaust has snapped dropping it an inch or so probably didn't help. Cheers for the help fellas. I'd still be standing in front of it looking at the bloody thing ready to smack it with a hammer if it wasn't for all.the help legends