Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore boss kit

96vscommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim
Hey I just put a boss kit in my vs and everything is working fine except for the blinkers if I put my right blinker on and turn the wheel to the right and back it will automatically turn the blinker off like normal but for some reason it won’t automatically turn the blinker off for the left side is there a way to fix that ?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
ah yep, I've just put one on and had the same issue.

If your using the autotechnica or sass kit my advice is they are sh*t.

The problem is the metal tab at the end of the boss kit thats supposed to initiate the self cancel isn't thick enough, I had to lay a thick bead of weld down on mine to make it thicker so it properly made contact with the tab that comes out of the indicator stalk for the self cancelling.

Theres no easy fix other than to live without self cancelling or modify the boss kit to make it work, I suspect this is a manufacturing defect.

The tab in question is the one sticking out of the end in the picture here:
s-l500.jpg

It's simply not thick enough to make contact with the indicator stalk properly.

96vscommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim
ah yep, I've just put one on my car.

If your using the autotechnica or sass kit my advice is they are ****.

The problem is the metal tab at the end of the boss kit thats supposed to initiate the self cancel isn't wide enough, I had to lay a thick bead of weld down on mine to make it wider so it properly made contact with the tab that comes out of the indicator stalk for the self cancelling.

Theres no easy fix other than to live without self cancelling or modify the boss kit to make it work, I suspect this is a manufacturing defect.

The tab in question is the one sticking out of the end in the picture here:
s-l500.jpg

It's simply not thick enough to make contact with the indicator stalk properly.
Can you send me a better photo of the metal poles please

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Can you send me a better photo of the metal poles please
mines already installed in the car and all the trims back on so no can do sorry.

It's this part you need to make thicker on the outside of the tab. It needs to be about 3-4mm thicker
U9DjYBl.jpg

That tab basically strikes the indicator stalk when returning the wheel to centre which cancels the indicators, the problem is it's too thin so it barely makes contact.

Last edited:

96vscommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim
mines already installed in the car and all the trims back on so no can do sorry.

It's this part you need to make thicker on the outside of the tab. It needs to be about 3-4mm thicker
U9DjYBl.jpg

That tab basically strikes the indicator stalk when returning the wheel to centre which cancels the indicators, the problem is it's too thin so it barely makes contact.
Ok well thank you for the help hopefully I can get it welded soon

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Ok well thank you for the help hopefully I can get it welded soon
No worries, just remember whoever welds it for you, you need to make it thicker but not longer, the length is fine.