Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Hsv 5l Mods?

B

big_al

just a quick question, have ya ever had problems with ya engine light comin on for no reason or any other lights comin on. my 195kw berlina has problems with lights coming on

J

Jono

sick i might just stage 3 the whole engine or somthen stick on a super charger, new chip and exhaust. :)

but then ill need a new gearbox and stronger diff ah

B

Benji...

big_al said:
just a quick question, have ya ever had problems with ya engine light comin on for no reason or any other lights comin on. my 195kw berlina has problems with lights coming on

You had a good post earlier about mods to do then ya go and shoot your self in the foot with this post....

If the light is coming on then there is a problem somewhere and there will be a code logged. Pull the codes and fix the problem.

B

big_al

sorry dude, the only reason i asked the question is because he also has a vt.
**** i never thought of having the codes pulled out of the computer - lol
its been done several times but the problem keeps re-occuring, its more in depth than a simple diagnostic report. theres over 40 reasons/parts that can be faulty for the engine light to come on from the one code that it storing in its system. sorry , but it doesnt hurt to ask the question

B

big_al

yeah, if ya gonna do the engine and supercharge kit youll probably need to get the transmission strengthened. the mild mods i mentioned earlier would be fine but a full motor & charger would need a trans strengthening. probably a stage 2 shift kit with revised shift patterns possibly a modified or upgraded trans computer. not to sure how strong holden diffs are. i know the IRS will pack it in pretty quick with to much power (or burnouts).

J

Jono

well i was thinking of putting in a manual preferably a 6spd but thats a added cost.