Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 ECU problems

Hutchy1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 SV6 ute
I have a VZ V6 one tonner and the ECU died. I have purchased second hand the ecu ,body control and engine immobiliser all from the same vehicle. Had a person come out who was supposed to know what they were doing to get the car going, and after three hours tells me he doesn't really know Holdens. Something he maybe could have told me earlier. He couldn't get it going and I am still trying to find someone in Brisbane who knows what they're doing and can get my ute going again. Anyone know of anybody please.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You don’t have all the complete things to do what you are attempting.

The easy way is to swap PIM, BCM, ECM and key head and it all just works. (Provided it came from a tonner)

If it didn’t, you would be best advised to send off the two ECM’s to LSxtreme and they can set just the ECM up to work on your car. Then it’s plug and play of the ECM only.

Of course, this is all assuming you have good modules to replace the a suspected bad one. What if one of the replacement modules is faulty? What if the fault is not a module?

However, who diagnosed the ECM failure? Has wiring integrity been checked and data collected? What if there is a splayed pin somewhere in the whole harness causing a poor connection? What if there is a chaffed wire hidden away? What if it’s a poor earth somewhere in the maze of harness? Simply cleaning every earth under the bonnet and especially the one under the wiper cowl can either confirm a happy healthy earth network or confirm an issue causing other problems.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This is just part one:

If someone took two minutes to diagnose it, they didn’t diagnose it.