Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which cats fit my VE SV6?

duck2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hey, I have a VE sv6 LFX ute and I have gotten engine codes both P0160 and P0420. The sensor was replaced not long ago in bank 1, so for this reason I believe that my cats need to be replaced.

I was just wondering which cats actually fit, as I've heard multiple different things and can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere. If anybody has any links on where to buy them feel free to let me know

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
1712403805816.png

Any pet store has these....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You won’t but genuine.
They need to be European stds 5.

However that shouldn’t be an issue. The cats can be checked with an infra red thermometer. They will be hot as fk if they are stuffed or blocked. Would be an extra ordinary thing to have happen.

Make sure they are Bosch O2 sensors. Other brands will play up. Especially eBay ones and cheaper brands.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d be more concerned about the other code that might be telling a story about the cars service history.

I’d first remove the cam sensors and clean them with Carby cleaner and a paper towel.

I’d then be removing the cam actuators and cleaning them with Carby cleaner. Soak in some fresh oil and reinstall.

It might help. It might not. It’s certainly a great way to avoid have timing chains done if it works. Other wise you are looking at a few grand to get the timing chains done (get the oil pump done too)