Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07GTS Build Thread

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
dosnt look too bad with the different thermal spacers sorta brakes it up a little

20240302-140854b.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
dosnt look too bad with the different thermal spacers sorta brakes it up a little

20240302-140854b.jpg
How does that spacer work? Like, clearly it does but I’m more interested in how. If you lift the intake, all the holes are off set. How does it over come that?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
How does that spacer work? Like, clearly it does but I’m more interested in how. If you lift the intake, all the holes are off set. How does it over come that?
the port is just machined at the angle of the increase in height so at the edges top and bottom it will have a slight bump but its really only the space at the top is where the injectors spray which i adjusted the angle of mine from when i last done them so they are more straight up otherwise the LS2 injectors are at a slight angle and it sprays onto the edge of the spacer, if i look down the injectors hole i can see the edge of the intake valve so its still in line when they are adjusted to sit straight up, there prob is a affect at some point from it but the gains in less heat is far better, my last engine was using them and didnt seem to affect anything i could see in the data

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have another question.
You e cut the bonnet seal and trimmed the plastic in the middle. What’s going on there?
IMG_6124.jpeg

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I have another question.
You e cut the bonnet seal and trimmed the plastic in the middle. What’s going on there?
View attachment 264874
i had it like that before but my engine cooling wasn't so good so ive had it blocked with standard rubber all the way but im getting allot of heat caught in the engine bay with the low speed driving so im trialling going back to the gap to get air drawn out at low speed to help, so far it doesn't look like it's affecting higher speeds as sometimes it will draw air in there and that works against the radiator cooling, i left a little ridge there for water to flow away and so i can fit seal back over if i have to, i might have to go all scientific and sticky tape some string there and see what it does

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Smoke test?
would have to be at speed to see if its drawing out of there or not, with the string i can video it and look back to see if they are being sucked into the engine bay or flapping out at the windscreen at different speeds, i have changed the underbody aero at the front since last engine too so it may be working different also