Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07GTS Build Thread

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
yea i thought about mounting a oil filter and oil drain tap so i didnt have to raise the vehicle but ran out of space and started thinking of it also potentially adding failure points, also i was close to having the engine oil cooler under the vehicle like that but again ran out of space and found the spot at the front should get more air
I used some VF bonnet vents on mine, placed more central than the VF. Can just see them in pic i attached. They helped drop temps in engine bay.
You have the front quarter panel vents, which do nothing , but if you just cut hole in inner plastic wheel arch youll draw lots of air from engine bay out
I have a fore innovation twin fuel pump, no bucket. I quizzed the guys at Fore and was told , just think of fuel tank as the bucket.
Can run mine to empty with no issue

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 52

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
When I was watching this, I thought of the cool things you could add to your build.

Bloody love the oil filter idea.
Those cooling ducts they’ve got are simple and clever.

Me thinks I'm gonna steal some ideas from there.

Interesting to see Holley Blue fuel pumps used as oil cooler pumps with inline oil filters. Noice!

I thought I'd subscribed to their channel but clearly not, so I've subscribed again. Gotta love LP and all he did for racing.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I used some VF bonnet vents on mine, placed more central than the VF. Can just see them in pic i attached. They helped drop temps in engine bay.
You have the front quarter panel vents, which do nothing , but if you just cut hole in inner plastic wheel arch youll draw lots of air from engine bay out
I have a fore innovation twin fuel pump, no bucket. I quizzed the guys at Fore and was told , just think of fuel tank as the bucket.
Can run mine to empty with no issue
strange thing i noticed other day was as i can log each fuel sender voltage i then put that into a value to show full to empty and when i have tank to 3/4 full and i boot it the pump sender side goes to empty from all the fuel going up the rear of the tank as that sender is at the front, the other side sender goes up the rear of the tank and to goes to full

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
strange thing i noticed other day was as i can log each fuel sender voltage i then put that into a value to show full to empty and when i have tank to 3/4 full and i boot it the pump sender side goes to empty from all the fuel going up the rear of the tank as that sender is at the front, the other side sender goes up the rear of the tank and to goes to full
may be worth putting some stabilising fuel cell foam in the tank
youd hv to use e85 specific
ttps://tilleymotorsportspares

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i havnt noticed it as an issue but more so if u dont have a pot for the returning fuel to also keep up then it will be easier to run out, my thoughts are go over kill with the pumps so at wot ur still returning alot to the pot so when u use a little from the tank it dosnt need to take as much to keep up with demand, if i was using all the fuel at wot and barely anything was returning my pumps take bout 1-2 sec to empty the pot itself, from my calc im prob returning 2-300 lph to the pot whilst using 6-700 lph to feed the engine at the peak power

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Are you running the pumps staged?

Need to be careful running a lot of excess pump that you don't heat up the fuel to much.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Are you running the pumps staged?

Need to be careful running a lot of excess pump that you don't heat up the fuel to much.
yes staged now, i dont like staged for tuning reasons but its not too bad to deal with the bump in pressure only 5 psi delta increase when the second kicks in, as im manifold referenced it affects fueling, i was running the twins at the start but yea think it heated up the pumps too much

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
5psi is a decent kick. Agreed it's annoying but better than having both running all the time. I get a 3psi kick when my 2nd 460 kicks in. I've been leaning at one of those aftermarket controllers to replace the hobbs switch on the 2nd pump. It can take a map signal and allow you to tune the pump ramp.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
5psi is a decent kick. Agreed it's annoying but better than having both running all the time. I get a 3psi kick when my 2nd 460 kicks in. I've been leaning at one of those aftermarket controllers to replace the hobbs switch on the 2nd pump. It can take a map signal and allow you to tune the pump ramp.
yea yours is ok at least u have the pressure value to the ecu so ur compensated for it, mine just gets the kick added to pressure so i have to lower VE to keep fueling linier, it dosnt actually look as bad in the VE so it will be ok but better then them heating up and dropping 10psi as what was happening, mine is two 520 pumps also might be the 5psi v 3psi difference in ours, think im onto my odd fueling issues seems i still had some leakage in the exhaust allowing some air to get it skewing things, high temp silicon is now my friend no more gaps

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
thought id do a compression test since its been a while now, all within 3-4% so that is good to know,

got a heap of silicon on the exhaust connections now header to cat and cat to rear exhaust hope it solves the fueling as i know air is getting in, thought i had it sealed up while ago as the bolts are tight as but once i took the gasket out u can see the black on it leaking outward in couple spots so hope the silicon stops that and i can get to driving without having to keep checking on it