Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NZ] 304 v8 Distributor question? , help required please

crizpy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser 304 V8
hey all ,
I have a Toyota landcruiser 70 series with a Holden 304 v8 conversion .. A very nice unit ..
recently ran a bearing in the previous motor so have just fitted another motor Currently held Up With The replacement engine having a Different Distributor connection ..
Anybody Know If the Other Distributor will bolt straight on and operate the same? one possibly from a vn one possibly a vp
and also will there be an issue With Timing ? Not sure If this is the best way to go as The vehicle has not been going for a while , It has had a Bit of wireing work and is running a Link computer , Just dont want to open up a whole lot of troubleshooting if unsure if timeing is Right when it comes to time to start it,
Myself Only slightly mechanicly minded , the main person doing the work is currently trying to find a Green Plug for the Loom for this distrubitor , But no luck so far .. I can Gather more information if required Off him ..
help appreciated ... vehicle been down long time ...
thanks