Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 304 v8 vn manifold 4btb advice!

VN SSer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Thinking of adding a come racing single plane low rise manifold to my slightly modified vn ss...

question is.

what is the most installer friendly 4 barrelll throttle body to use in relation to the TPS / IAC / throttle cable.

can i get one that will connect straight up? or which ones have ppl found the easiest to install? and what modification did they have to make.

all pics and advice greatly welcomed

cheers!!

VN SSer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
ive decided aeroflow 1375cfm.. with aeroflow throttle brackets.

this setup along with my already stage 2 cam, 4.11s, minispool, T5, vl turbo fuel system, extracters / twin system exhaust, msd spark.

should have me aiming for 250rwkw and hopefully a high 12.

any thoughts on the set up ? or in particular the manifold and throttle body?

cheers

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
ive decided aeroflow 1375cfm.. with aeroflow throttle brackets.

this setup along with my already stage 2 cam, 4.11s, minispool, T5, vl turbo fuel system, extracters / twin system exhaust, msd spark.

should have me aiming for 250rwkw and hopefully a high 12.

any thoughts on the set up ? or in particular the manifold and throttle body?

cheers

I would probably lean towards a tp dual plane (high or low rise) and a 1000cfm throttle, being a 304 still I reckon a single plane and 1375cfm will be a bit to big.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
VL turbo fuel system ey. Your ride doesn't sound that wild. I would go a Torque Power dual plane low rise. Need cam specs though. Stage 2 seems mild though.

I got this one for the clubby. Comes with the sensors already.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/edl-3878/overview/

VN SSer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
im not aiming for that wild. i still wanna be able to drive it all weekend every weekend with out constant rebuilding and things fkking up. i see ur point tho a smaller TB would be better the most attractive thing about the aeroflows was $686. where as the 1000cfm TB ur talking about is $470 US$. might jus have to coff up the extra $$

VN SSer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
jump on the come website and check out the COME 4BT EFI manifold man i fell in love with it when i saw it. and its really not that hectic for a single plane as they reckon the small 304ci can handle it. smaller TB sounds like a must tho as much as i like the aeroflow money for value

cheers

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
COME manifold is a piece of garbage. Plenty of threads to back this up. Torque Power Dual plane is the way you want to go single plane is for drag cars or cars with wild mods (i.e big lumpy cams etc.) I got that throttle body and a filter delivered from the us for the cost of the aeroflow throttle body.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
COME manifold is a piece of garbage. Plenty of threads to back this up. Torque Power Dual plane is the way you want to go single plane is for drag cars or cars with wild mods (i.e big lumpy cams etc.) I got that throttle body and a filter delivered from the us for the cost of the aeroflow throttle body.

From what i've read the 4bbl single plain COME manifold isn't to bad. Probably not ideal for this application.

VN SSer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
thanks for everyones input. ending up buying a stage 3 crow cam / tp dual plane low rise manifold / edelbrock 1000cfm. 23lbph injectors and im gonna use a kalmaker ecu.

love the come racing manifold but cant afford to make enough power for it to be effective lol.

its cost me 4- 1/2 g all up and should be some fun to drive.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
With that cam you probably would of been better off with the hi rise. Still better then the stupid bananas either way.