Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4l60e return line

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
I do what you suggested. On a stock pan I'll drop the trans cooler line and pump out about 4 litres (I don't let it run till the pan runs out of fluid). Then I'll drop the transmission pan, change the filter and top it up with new fluid. Then start and idle the engine running the fluid from the trans cooler line again until it looks like clean fluid. You might have to stop and top up the trans when you do that. Normally I'll pump out about 4 litres and then stop to not risk running the the trans empty.

Fluid coming from the converter goes straight to the trans cooler.

Ideally you'd use the return line from the trans cooler but that will most likely be a solid steel line, I just drop one of the flex lines going to/from the cooler, direct it at a container and have a helper start/stop the car to check which end the fluid is coming out off and then change lines if required.
Thats how i did it man.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
And you’ll get oil leaks from the valve covers because of the PCV not being adequate, hence the PCV mod.

sydsider

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega
And you’ll get oil leaks from the valve covers because of the PCV not being adequate, hence the PCV mod.
Yeah ive done the PCV mod as there was oil in the air filter in front of the throttle body. Its good now after that mod. I think ive narrowed it down to timing cover gasket on the drivers side as it sounds very common.

Might just need the bolts to be nipped up to stop the leak.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/help-ve-oil-leak.180094/page-3

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-oil-leak-near-sump.230734/

Last edited: