Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

72HQ that has unknown upgraded disc brakes

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Hey guys my 72HQ ute has upgraded disc brakes on the front but I don't know what they have come off. The calipers have PBR K247-063c 5 stamped on them. The front right is locking up badly with only light pressure on the pedal so I need to pull them apart to check them out. The rotors and pads are in great condition so that's not an issue. Can anyone tell me what these brakes come off so I can figure out how to start fixing the problem. I'm thinking they may be of a VS Commodore but I'm probably wrong. Also any pointers anyone can give me on what might be causing the licking up issue would also be greatly appreciated, Cheers Andy

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I can't help what they are actually off, but if they have slides fitted, cleaning them and making sure they are working freely would be a terrific start to solving the problem

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Thanks VC Commodore I will be having a go at taking then off and investigating on the weekend. They do look like they have sliders so that will be the first step I recon

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Have you got any photos of the caliper? That might help us decipher it

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Put up of caliper & discs pics...could be off anything.

Stub axles will take anything from commo & leyland discs to hub adaptors for slip on discs.

Kingies have few different type of factory calipers & then got aftermarket twin piston late model holden or ford calipers.

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Hey Sandman I don't have great photos yet only these. But I can take better ones tomorrow after work. Cheers mate
Have you got any photos of the caliper? That might help us decipher it

Attachments

• 20200309_133001-888x1184.jpg
    20200309_133001-888x1184.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 20200309_133037-888x1184.jpg
    20200309_133037-888x1184.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 223

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Had to remove the last pic as I accidentlly uploaded a screen shot from my google searching not my car

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I cant see the bleed valve but those calipers look like they've been installed on the wrong side and they're upside down. The brake linevliiksvlike it's under tension as it should be on the top of the caliper. Where are the bleed valves?

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
I cant see the bleed valve but those calipers look like they've been installed on the wrong side and they're upside down. The brake linevliiksvlike it's under tension as it should be on the top of the caliper. Where are the bleed valves?
You can't see the bleed valves as they are on the other side of the calipers from where the pic was taken. The brake lines are not under tension it's just you can't see the rest of the line in the pics. Not sure about being installed up side down. They were installed by a reputable mechanical workshop so don't recon they would put anything on the wrong way around. Going to try to take some better pics to upload after work today or tomorrow.