Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

72HQ that has unknown upgraded disc brakes

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
is the booster and master cylinder like ba falcon Ive seen heaps of them drag the front brakes take the master cylinder off the booster and wind the adjuster bolt on the end booster operating rod in a turn or 2. there was a ford service note that describes the issue BA falcon had with front brakes dragging.
Actually I watched a YouTube video just last night where a guy showed how to fix that very issue. But I would have thought if that was the case it would be locking up on both front brakes rather than just the right front, what do you think?

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Wouldn't this be the case if more than 1 was sticking?
I was wondering the same thing. It would lockup on both sides wouldn't it if it was the booster adjustment? Or maybe not, I don't know.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Is there any chance the hose on the opposite wheel is blocked, preventing that caliper from working and putting the full effort on one side only?

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Is there any chance the hose on the opposite wheel is blocked, preventing that caliper from working and putting the full effort on one side only?
Well it might be, but when I did a 4 wheel bleed the fluid wasn't restricted from flowing out on either side.

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
I have considered swapping the calipers over to see if it makes it lockup on the other side, if it did then that would isolate it to that caliper, but if it was still locking on the same side it would have to be the booster or the lines.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I have considered swapping the calipers over to see if it makes it lockup on the other side, if it did then that would isolate it to that caliper, but if it was still locking on the same side it would have to be the booster or the lines.
Cant swap left to right or front to rear.
ex. Front right is front right. Will not bolt to any place else.

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Oh really, they looked fully interchangeable. I thought it would just mean the fluid line would be at the top not the bottom. Oh well that rules that out then.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Oh really, they looked fully interchangeable. I thought it would just mean the fluid line would be at the top not the bottom. Oh well that rules that out then.
Yeah, as l hit the post button l thought of that.
So, l'm wrong again:eek:
Good luck with it.

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Yer that's ok mate I'm just happy there are plenty of people willing to help out, Cheers to everyone who is giving assistance

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I was wondering the same thing. It would lockup on both sides wouldn't it if it was the booster adjustment? Or maybe not, I don't know.

Booster adjustment being wrong would cause all 4 to lock....Well, that's what happened to me anyways